Durres/ 3 members of Kosova family lose their lives from local mushroom poisoning

10/05/2021 16:04

The Albanian vacations for the Haliti family from Gjilan, Kosovo, in Gjiri i Lalëzit beach in Durres, resulted tragic as 3 of them lost their lives, after reportedly consuming poisonous mushrooms of the area.

A few hours after consuming the mushrooms in their apartment in Lalëz Bay, where Afrim Haliti’s vehicle with Albanian license plates is still parked, he, his mother and his wife felt bad, so a resort employee accompanied them to the health centerof Manza in the early hours of 5 May.

Nearly 20 hours after initial treatment at QSh Manëz, the 3 members of the Haliti family continued to be in poor health and were sent to Tirana by ambulance, but they lost their lives within 24 hours. Police have launched an investigation into the grave event, accusing two doctors of negligent treatment.


Top Channel